HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Suggestion about a defeat countdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gadina_prokleta
Troll God

PostSubject: Suggestion about a defeat countdown   August 20th 2012, 11:38

As there were some complaints that the game lasts too long and that it has no certain goal, I'm thinking about some change in that direction.

I'm planning to give every tribe a totem at game start. If the totem is lost, the tribe gets a defeat timer until it builds a new one. If no totem is built, the game ends for the whole tribe.

What do you think about this idea? How long should be that timer - maybe one game day (500 sec), or shorter?
How long should be the initial time for finding a place for base and building the totem (maybe the same time)?

Other necessary change that might follow this one - to make the Totem buildable by every troll class, not only by the Shaman.
How to prevent players from preparing 4-5 totem kits and hiding them in Jungle to prevent a totem defeat? Or maybe I shouldn't prevent it, as it might be considered part of game strategy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
Rundagor
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about a defeat countdown   August 20th 2012, 12:32

sounds like a good idea, 500 seconds seems perfect.
In this case, making totem buildable by all classes would be necessary (but this seems to be already doable)
To prevent players from hording totem kits, you could set that only one totem kit/totem can be available at the time, so as soon as someone builds a totem kit (assuming their totem got destroyed) the "craft a totem" button gets grayed out until that kit or the totem made by it is destroyed.
for even more balance I think totem building time should be increased for at least 10 times.
(100 seconds total)
Keep it up mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iChaos
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about a defeat countdown   August 27th 2012, 14:27

Make it half a day if the resources needed is not 'rare'. But if the totem needs items like ; oil, mana stone, gold coins, etc. Then make it at least 1 day. Also at the start, just give them the totem like the starting items. And in finding the base, make it AT LEAST 3/4 time of day, because this will give them time to find their base. And also I got an idea, refer to this one :

"JUNGLE Trolls are creatures that have a strong faith in gods and . Without their totem, their life force and strength which they got from their gods fades out, making them more vulnerable to attacks and lose their energy"

- What I am trying to say is that trolls will take damage over time and take BONUS damage when attacked (either Physical or Magical/Spells/Throws/etc). THE DPS MUST BE HIGH enough, higher than the natural 'hungry' mode. So this is the process then :

START OF GAME : GIVEN TOTEM AND TIME TO FIND BASE (250/500)
> IF THEY DIDN'T BUILD THE TOTEM IN THE GIVEN TIME, THEY SHALL TAKE DPS (GREAT DPS, STRONGER THAN HUNGER THAT IT CAN KILL YOU 1/4 A DAY, WHY? BECAUSE IF IT IS INSTANT LOSS IT IS KIND OF 'UN-NATURAL'. I WISH YOU CAN SEE MY POINT HEHE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/WAFOOKO.XD
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion about a defeat countdown   Today at 08:51

Back to top Go down

Suggestion about a defeat countdown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1