Share | 

Spreading the Word

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HunDoSlavus
Troll

PostSubject: Spreading the Word   March 24th 2012, 19:27

Greetings all trolls!

The time to hear the Horn of Calling has arrived! We must get more trolls onto this forum! (Internet trolls are to be kept outside the border)

We must organise our reputation on different wc3 realms to populate our topics with new trolls.

To succeed, we will need to create activity on the following:

Garena (Fairly sure ElloElloEllo and Gadina does JTR there)

IcCup (The latency is not great and I have not seen much sign of activity there)

Warcraft 3 Battle.net US East, US West and Europe.

Utilizing the use of bots from MakeMeHost, I am able to create reputation and activity for all three, since the bots cover all 3 B.net realms.

If I can find out how to host my own bot, I would use that instead. MMH bots have proven to often be unstable in JTR.

Now we have B.net covered.

Now I ask for some to act responsible on Garena mostly and post here if you create and play successful games there.

Remember to advertise for jungletrolls.forum777.com in your games! Motivated players will come here, and possibly bring their friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mobiusservers.com
KrunkZzZ
Troll

PostSubject: Half success.   April 8th 2012, 15:59

Hello, I regularly host or try to host this game in garena Oceanic RPG room 01
I live in Australia
I've had full house a couple of times but we normally settle for 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 games
I've shown my friends the game most love it but the biggest complaint i hear from everyone is learning even the basics
This is probably the best map on Warcraft 3, very well made. It's in depth, complex, and i like that.
Noobs rage quit as they have no idea what to do, don't build a fire, die of malaria etc.
Definitely need tool tips at the start of the game that say to build a fire, what is needed to build a fire, and to build a tent.
Most people dislike watching a video tutorial on Warcraft 3 games.
Where do most people play this, as the only reason it's even half known in Oceanic is because i brought it there after finding a link for it on hiveworkshop

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElloElloEllo
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   April 8th 2012, 16:57

Currently the community is growing and growing. One reason is definetly that Gadina has been working nonstop on the map over the last months, the other one is that many people in the community try to actively support the map.
For one we have a Garena Group which has atm 42 people and always 9-15 people active in Garena (thanks to Death_lCnight) and a Wikia which is steadily growing.
I have suggested a button based tutorial step by step ingame earlier, but for the time being I have been busier with the Wikia when i had spare time.
And Gadina himself was rather held up with bugfixing and getting rid of flying sheeps.
From my point of view a tutorial that can be used during the game is understandable not the priority for Gadina and BUT it could be prepared by the community.

Also the group will soon hit its limit and we'll have to think about alternatives, with your friends and activity on Oceania we'll for sure soon reach 50 people and create a new group.
I am amazed how well Death_lCnight's group grew over the last week(!), especially if you consider that there are still the Russian JTRR clan and the Brazilian Garena group.

Ok, this just an assumption now, but judging from the numbers there are about 100 people playing JTR every day and 800-1000 unique players total who can crate a fire. 200-300 have been active in the community at some point recently.
The problem is that the community is pretty split up and do not know about eachother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrunkZzZ
Troll

PostSubject: Groups   April 9th 2012, 02:51

I've already joined the garena group, however it's a pain as every one in the group seems to be from europe or various other countries far away from Australia resulting in laggy games, so i stick to organizing my own games in Oceanic.
Maybe we should have different regional groups?
And when i host matches MOST don't know how to play and just die from the wilderness, there's about 6 - 8 regulars who are good.
Also nice job on the wikia, i love wikia's i use them for any game i play regularly if available.

If you know of anyone who plays who lives in Australia, New Zealand, or any other nearby countries tell me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElloElloEllo
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   April 9th 2012, 14:16

There's a growing community of Asian players, mainly Vietnamese. But I am not sure about how they are organized. Window987654 is ative with them i believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
window789456
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   April 10th 2012, 06:10

ElloElloEllo wrote:
There's a growing community of Asian players, mainly Vietnamese. But I am not sure about how they are organized. Window987654 is ative with them i believe.

Yeah. it's Island Troll Tribes, not Jungle Troll Reborn.

Also, my name is window789456, man.

If you like me to grow a community of Asian players for playing this map, I will be gladly to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gadina_prokleta
Troll God

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   April 10th 2012, 19:33

It would be wonderful if you can do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
KrunkZzZ
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   April 11th 2012, 04:05

I didn't expect it because a lot of new players rage at the game but the Jungle Trolls Reborn player base in Oceanic is growing significantly, I get full house OFTEN now. and

other people are hosting it and getting lots of players as well. (Yay!)

I teach as many new players as i can on how to play and I've got friends who assist as well with what they know.

This is such a good game! This is not just the best game on Warcraft 3 but probably the best game I've ever played when you've got a good group of people. I love how in depth it is. Thank you for putting so much work into it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HunDoSlavus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   April 11th 2012, 06:43

I better start getting my ass on Garena XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mobiusservers.com
Akhroma
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   August 28th 2012, 14:16

Hello, im from Brasil and i found the game recently. This game is a very good game, that because its well made, no much bugs and awesome idea. Im playing frequently, and i shared it with my friends who liked the game too. I will continue spreading the game as much as i can, and i hope that Gadina can and his bros can continue updating this great game. I will ask my friends for suggestions about the game, all of them including me are experient RPG players. cheers

Cya on JJR.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
smk-parkour
Troll

PostSubject: Garena is Covered   September 14th 2012, 22:58

Hey guys, just wanted to let you that Garena is already covered, the Garena Group: Jungle Trolls 2 (ID: 60727) plays 2-3 times per day JTR on EU RPG 07

Some of the most active players from that Group are me(xorkatoss), Mr.Froll, KillerBee, Wolf*, ChaosClouds, ~dreamstate and TrollGOD, PM any of us or ask in the group for game to be hosted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spreading the Word   

Back to top Go down

Spreading the Word
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1